Monday, November 26, 2012

Summary of Class 11/21-11/26

Due to homecoming and a half day on Wednesday the 21st, we did not have class. Today in class, we started to connect the Missouri Compromise to the new Kansas and Nebraska due to Stephen Douglass. With this being said, the Unorganized Territory was being decided based on Popular Sovereignty, which earlier mentioned would decide if the Kansas and Nebraska Territories would be free states or slave states. Many Northerners were opposed to this idea of a slave state because they didn't want this territory to be a slave state sense it was a free state for the past 30 years. The Southerners were in favor because it could mean potential expansion for slavery, which in the end, ended up happening. We then went on to talk about the fighting that happened between the Northerners and the Border Ruffians in the Kansas Territory. The fact that the Border Ruffians were voting illegally to try to get slavery, ticked the Northerners off. These fights gave the name of "Bleeding Kansas" to the Kansas Territory. Towards the end of class, we started to talk about Charles Sumner.

** Thirty Day Challenge- Over the break, I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to accomplish my goal because I was away the whole time, but I managed to fit in my foul shooting along with running, playing 1 on 1, 2 on 2, knockout, etc. Today however, was the first day of tryouts in which I've been working so hard for. We took some foul shots during tryouts and I was not pleased, therefore right when I got home I took a couple, in hopes to get my rhythm back that I missed today.

No comments:

Post a Comment