Thursday, November 15, 2012

Summary of Class 11/14-11/15

Yesterday in class, we started of taking notes on the Missouri Compromise. We then looked at papers about the Mexican war, where the Americans fought them. Along with the papers we read, we had to fill out a sheet based on it. Each different storie had the basic concepts like the president, mexican leader, other important figures and the reason. After we filled out the sheet, we discussed what we wrote down and how it all tied together. To sum up the whole lesson, we watched a video and then took a short true or false quiz on what we listened to. Today in class, we talked about the California and the new states and how they should be settled. A slave state, a free state or a half state. A "half state" if my term for a state that has half slavery and half not because the 36 30 line splits it. I think that it should be like every other state with the 36 30 line. So people agreed with me, but others disagreed greatly. Some even said that we should have given the land back to Mexico.
** My challenge is going great! Today in basketball, I managed to get there early so that I could start on my foul shooting. As for the workout, I had basketball yesterday and today, which is enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment